Shocks and tingles

shocks and tingles from taps

If anyone in your property feels a tingle or shock from electrical equipment, a tap, or other metal fittings, don’t ignore it—it’s a sign that something’s not right and could be fatal.

If the shock is from using or touching permanent electrical equipment (like a stove or electric hot water system), contact a licensed electrician and tell your tenant to stop using it immediately.

If the shock is from a tap, pipe or other metal fitting call Energex, Essential Energy or Ergon Energy immediately and ask them to check your property.


South East Queensland – Sunshine Coast to Esk and Gatton areas

13 19 62

Essential Energy

Goondiwindi and surrounding areas

13 20 80

Ergon Energy

Rest of Queensland

13 16 70


Find a licensed electrician
Check your electrician in licensed